Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2021

New Zealand history report

New Zealand is made of many cultures maori and Europeans  were  the main ones now we have more.

Kupe and navigators from Polynesia came here by Vaka  they were Polynesia the first people to come to New Zealand  they came here  by the sun stars and the current.

The treaty of waitangi was signed in 1840 there were  two Treaties not 1 but 2 Treaties one  was English
And the other one was maori. the signing lead to a war.

Hone heke cut the British flag down 4 times

The early settlers  came here by ship in the 1860  they came here to plant crops.they came here for gold And  money the boys did the outside jobs  they did  fishing and hunting chopping tree down for fire wood

Would you have liked to be a live during this time?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kayden,
    You really impressed me with your knowledge about what life was like for the Early European Settlers - you were able to teach a lot of other people about this. You worked really hard on this report and I like that you separated the main ideas by using paragraphs. I wonder if you could find an image to go with this piece of writing?
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five ✋ for getting this done Kayden. I can see that you worked hard.
    I would NOT have liked living during this time, as being a girl I would probably have tripped over my long dress and not been allowed to do the cool stuff the boys did.
    I agree with Judith a picture would make this post super cool. Maybe you could find one during lockdown and post it.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.